Would you like to learn some Ukrainian wedding traditions, customs, and забобони – superstitions? Listen to this advanced level conversation between two friends discussing a traditional Ukrainian wedding. Then learn how щоб should be used in Ukrainian complex sentences.
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my brief introduction in Ukrainian;
- listen to the informal conversation about wedding in Ukraine;
- get your teacher’s explanations about the new vocabulary;
- learn about complex sentences with щоб + the past tense;
- conjugate the verb of the day: одружуватися;
- discover the idiom of the day: побачити на власні очі;
- learn about some забобони – superstitions about wedding Ukraine in the Cultural Fact section (in English).
Become a premium member to receive the Lesson Notes. The PDF for this episode includes:
- Full transcript & translation of the brief introduction and the main dialogue;
- Grammar / Vocabulary: table of using щоб + past tense in Ukrainian;
- The verb of the day: the conjugation chart of the verb of the day;
- The idiom of the day: this episode’s idiom definition and examples;
- Bonus Exercises to practice the new words and grammar;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.