Ukrainians like to get together with friends and family for picnics in May. Listen to the informal conversation about Khrystyna and Yurko preparing a shopping list and choosing a place for a picnic. Then, learn about another type of complex sentences in Ukrainian.
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my brief introduction in Ukrainian;
- listen to the informal conversation about organizing a May picnic in Ukraine;
- get your teacher’s explanations about the new vocabulary;
- discover складнопідрядні означальні речення – complex sentences with attributive clauses;
- conjugate the verb of the day: відпочивати;
- discover the idiom of the day: схожі як дві краплі води;
- learn more about маївка and May picnic tradition in Ukraine in the Cultural Fact section (in English).
Become a premium member to receive the Lesson Notes. The PDF for this episode includes:
- Full transcript & translation of the brief introduction and the main text;
- Grammar / Vocabulary: table of the complex sentences with attributive clauses in Ukrainian;
- The verb of the day: the conjugation chart of the verb of the day;
- The idiom of the day: this episode’s idiom definition and examples;
- Bonus Exercises to practice the new words and grammar;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.