It’s Khrystyna’s birthday! Listen to her roommate greeting her and find out what presents she gets. Then, in the grammar section, start studying the imperative mood in Ukrainian. З Днем народження, Христино!
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my brief introduction in Ukrainian;
- learn the birthday vocabulary in Ukrainian;
- listen to the informal conversation between two roommates on the birthday morning;
- discover the imperative mood in Ukrainian;
- conjugate the verb of the day: дарувати;
- discover the idiom of the day: нерозлийвода;
- learn how Ukrainians congratulate people on their birthdays in the Cultural Fact section (in English).
Become a premium member to receive the Lesson Notes. The PDF for this episode includes:
- Full transcript & translation of the brief introduction and main dialogue;
- Grammar / Vocabulary: tables of the imperative mood in Ukrainian;
- The verb of the day: the conjugation chart of the verb of the day;
- The idiom of the day: this episode’s idiom definition and examples;
- Bonus Exercises to practice the new words and grammar;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.