In this episode, follow Khrystyna to ярмарок, a fair, where she will buy plenty of fresh fruits and veggies! Then, discover those cute зменшувально-пестиливі слова – diminutive words. Go ahead and tell us: which diminutive word is your favorite?
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my brief introduction in Ukrainian;
- listen to the conversation at the food fair in Kyiv;
- discover the diminutive words in Ukrainian;
- conjugate the verb of the day: розрізати;
- discover the idiom of the day: очі розбігаються;
- learn more about ярмарки – fairs in Ukraine in the Cultural Fact section (in English).
Transcript, Vocabulary List, and Flashcards!
Become a premium member to receive the Lesson Notes. The PDF for this episode includes:
- Full transcript & translation of the brief introduction and main dialogue;
- Grammar / Vocabulary: table of forming the diminutive words in Ukrainian;
- The verb of the day: the conjugation chart of the verb of the day;
- The idiom of the day: this episode’s idiom definition and examples;
- Bonus Exercises to practice the diminutive words in Ukrainian and the verb of the day;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.