This episode is about asking for and telling time in Ukrainian, making an appointment with a friend and going to the movies! Also, learn or review the Ukrainian ordinal numbers and how to use the Locative case with time in Ukrainian.
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my general introduction in Ukrainian, then in English;
- learn or review the ordinal numbers and how to use them for telling time in Ukrainian;
- listen to the informal conversation about agreeing on the time and place to meet;
- learn how to ask and answer the question “At what time?” in Ukrainian;
- practice asking the time related questions in Ukrainian;
- discover surzhyk – broken Ukrainian – and why it exists.
Become a premium member to get access to all the useful lesson notes! The PDF includes:
- Full transcript & translation of all the Ukrainian parts of the lesson (including the introduction);
- Dialogue and question: use the PDF as a worksheet to write down the answer to the question before the dialogue;
- Grammar charts: ordinal numbers and telling the time Ukrainian;
- Bonus Exercise: practice giving the time in Ukrainian;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.
As a premium member, you also get access to:
- The lesson notes of the episodes you subscribe to;
- Private Community on Facebook for the free practice of Ukrainian;
- Digital flashcards with all the new words every 10 episodes!